Thursday, November 16, 2017

The Champagne Topic

I noticed this got brought up in the news about two weeks ago.

There is a class-action lawsuit starting up out of Quebec, Canada.  The issue?  Sunwing airlines offer this flight deal to Cuba (don't ask why).  So they kinda say in the advertising that there's going to be a cup or glass of Champagne involved.

For those who aren't into Champagne....it's a French-product from a particular region of France.  If you make anywhere else (even 10 miles outside of this Champagne-identified zone....it's Sparkling Wine.

Yep....same stuff. 

So here's the thing....you can buy Sparkling Wine for a cheaper price than Champagne.

In this airline case.....they served up Sparkling Wine, and some flyer noted the difference.  He says it's just not right and wants to be compensated for what he bought.  The fact that the airline uttered the phrase "Champagne service" in the advertising?  Well....it'll hurt the case in court.

I sat and pondered over this.  Personally, I just don't have a taste for Champagne.  My wife will pull out about three bottles of the stuff per year, and force me to sip the stuff.  I really can't stand it.  On my preferred list of drink items?  I'd probably drink Tab or Dr Pepper, before I'd drink Champagne.

This need to pump up customers over Champagne?  Out of a hundred folks....the minute you mention free Champagne....I would guess that 70-percent would get all hyped up and feel 'special' when served.  If you mentioned later it was Sparkling Wine?  They'd be all negative.  Same stuff though.

No comments: